- Cascade Creek Trail: The route of the original pioneers who struggled up this creek to reach the gold fields in Silverton.
- Castle Rock Trail: Awesome views of Electra Lake and Hotter Ranch.
- Engineer Mountain Trail: Demanding, but one of the best views in the area.
- Hoodies Trail: Short hike with beautiful views of Twilight and Needles mountains along the way.
- Purgatory Flats Trail: Delightful trail winds down through the aspen forest to an old stage coach stop and mining camp.
- Spud Lake Trail: Hike to Spud lake, a popular spot to fish and swim and the scenery is superb.
- Water Tower Trail: Great hike with no drive, this trail ascends immediately and then winds gently through an aspen forest and goes down to a meadow along the Cascade Creek.
- US Forest Service – San Juan Mountain Hikes: Choose “Day Hiking” for an extensive list of hikes in the area.
- Colorado Trail Explorer: Detailed trail maps and descriptions. Available on the web as well as Android and iOS apps.
- Cascade Village Pond: Right in front of the club-house. A great place to have little ones catch their first fish.
- Haviland Lake and Camp Ground: A beautiful small lake south of Cascade Village, loaded with Rainbow trout. Fish from the bank or launch a tube or kayak and attempt to catch the big ones in the middle of the lake.
- Andrews Lake: Another fantastic alpine lake that has an abundance of trout. Surrounded by the mountain peaks close to Molas Pass even if you aren’t catching anything, you can’t beat the scenery!
- Guided Fishing trips: There are several outfitters in Durango that can meet your needs.
- Rapp Corral: 9 miles | 51 Haviland Lake Rd, Durango, CO 81301 | 970.247.8454
- Bucks Livery: 1 mile | 1 County Road 591, Durango, CO 81301 | 970.844.4049
- Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort
- Purgatory Events
- Purgatory Snowmobile
- Purgatory Ski School
- Purgatory Lift Tickets
- Ski and Board Rental (Cascade Village Clubhouse)
- The Lift: 0 miles | Eclectic cuisine with a spectacular view – in the clubhouse – 970-749-6200 | $$
- Purgy’s Slopeside: 2.1 miles | Modern American cuisine in a mountain-casual atmosphere | $$
- Paradise Pizzeria: 2.1 miles | Artisan pizza, pasta, wings and more in the heart of Village Plaza | $
- Village Market & Deli: 2.1 miles | Breakfast, lunch, nosh and take-out mountain picnic fare | $
- Waffle Cabin: 2.1 miles | Hot waffles drizzled in chocolate sauce and other options | $
- Nugget Mountain Bar: 2.8 miles | Ski bar, fast food, live music | $
- Olde Schoolhouse Café: 4.6 miles | Pizza, Calzone, Salads, Beer, Wine | $
- James Ranch Grill: 16.6 miles | Farm to table burgers, sandwiches, salads, local beer, cider, and wine | $
This is a huge mountain biking, rafting, fishing, backpacking, skiing, hiking community. In downtown Durango, historic buildings are filled with award-winning restaurants and art galleries and you’ll hear the whistle of the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad trains come and go through town. The railroad has been named one of the world’s most scenic railroads and is one of Durango’s most popular attractions
- Duranglers: Custom-guided fly-fishing trips, equipment, and flies.
- San Juan Anglers: Half and full day guided fly fishing trips on some of the most scenic and productive trout waters.
- Mild2Wild: Rafting, Kayaking, Jeep tours.
- Colorado Outback Adventures: Rafting, Kayaking, Jeep tours, UTV rentals.
- Durango Rafting Adventures: Rafting, Kayaking, Jeep tours.
- Soaring Treetop Adventures: Zipline.
Only 20 miles from Cascade Village, Silverton was once a mining boomtown but is now a National Historic Landmark District (the whole township was designated in 1961). Silverton is part of the San Juan Skyway (with the Million Dollar Highway connecting Silverton to Ouray), home to Animas Forks and the Alpine Loop, with seven of Colorado’s most famous 14,000-foot peaks in the vicinity.
- Silverton Mountain Heli-Skiing: Single heli run, 6 run package, or private heli.
- Silverton Powdercats: Back-country skiing.
- Silver Summit: Jeep rentals.
- Rock Pirates: UTV rentals.
- Old Hundred Gold Mine: Gold mine tour.
- Ice Pirates: Snowmobile tours and rentals.
- San Juan Backcountry: Jeep, UTV, and snowmobile rentals.